Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Little Anger Bear: driving in the passing lane

 

Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother-f-ing drivers in these mother f-ing passing lanes. Everybody strap in!

Can't it just be as simple as appointing the right lane for any drivers and the left lane for those who want to go faster? Then you can go from right to left, pass, and back to right. You will always be driving slower than someone else, so just get over it.

slow-traffic

I frankly don't get why people feel so damn entitled while driving. Whether it’s driving slow, driving fast, lane jumping, or randomly doing whatever pops into their heads.

Let's break this down into 2 simple scenarios.

1. You are on the freeway in some traffic. There are some cars to the right that are slower than you, but there is space to move freely between left and right lanes as you pass and drive at a steady pace.

Do you :

(A) Stay in the left lane because it's easier than moving around. Anyways, your pace is fast enough, and if anyone wants to go faster that's their problem.

(B) Stay in the right lane and use the left lane only to pass one or a few cars a a time. Sure it's slightly inconvenient, but it allows faster drivers to use the left lane and still the left lane is available for you if you need to pass again in a few miles.

***

2. You are in the left lane and need to take a right turn. Both lanes are full of cars.

Do you:

(A) Continue with traffic and find a lot or street where you can safely turn around and safely return to the street you need to be on.

(B) Screech to a stop until some schmuck lets you merge right so you can make your turn without being inconvenienced.

***

dpan1207lThere are so many incantations of these entitled drivers. “I'm lost and   confused, so let me go 10mph on this arterial and stop at every street to check my directions.” Or, “I'm in no hurry, why should you be?" or "I can't miss this turn! If I don't do what I need to do and get my way, surely I will die"

Frankly, I can't stand it. People ought to learn to share the road, follow expected rules, and inconvenience themselves before inconveniencing others. I can check myself and note that I should be more forgiving, because mistakes happen all the time…but I get so bent out of shape when people think they are the center of the universe when they’re in their car.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment